Essential Oils Are My Flu Shot
This winter the flu has been here, there and everywhere — even many who followed the mainstream practice of getting the flu shot. I thank God that I have been able to dodge the cold/flu bullet the past 2 years. When I have had an occasional flu in years prior, I’ve completely recovered within 24-48 hours. Since I’ve advised many of my friends on how to avoid and recover from their cold/flu , I decided to share these prevention tips.
HOW I HAVE REMAINED HEALTHY DURING FLU/COLD SEASON
1. LYMPH NODE SWELLING WARNING SIGN — As soon as I feel my neck swelling, I know it’s a warning sign that I am battling something. I immediately apply Biblical Oil on the back of my ears and neck, and ask Jesus to heal me. The past few months I did this a few times. Within an hour, the swelling went down (and I thanked God).
2. NO RINSE HAND CLEANSER — I carry the Squeaky Clean (the hand cleanser that I make) in my pocket. I apply it several times when I’m in public, and then take a nice deep whiff of the amazing aroma. Squeaky Clean has bacteria and virus fighting essential oils of tea tree, lemon, and more. PubMed.com has lots of research articles that support the anti-bacterial, antiviral impact of tea tree and lemon essential oils). Squeaky Clean also softens and moisturizes your hands since the the carrier is a soothing aloe vera.
3. DIFFUSE ESSENTIAL OILS OVERNIGHT – Every night I diffuse immune-building and sleep-promoting essential oils. I mix them up. My favorite is Frankincense, but I also use Bergamot, Lavender, or Grapefruit.
4. DIFFUSE ESSENTIAL OILS DURING DAY – When there is a heightened rash of the flu going around, I diffuse Peppermint or Eucalyptus. These oils are also energy boosting.
Plant Therapy and Bed Bath and Beyond have a great selection of diffusers.
5. EAT HEALTHY – Although I usually eat healthy, I consume more fruits and veggies during flu/cold season. If I am in a busy season and don’t have time to prepare foods, I make an organic powered green drink called Pure Planet – Best of Greens. The lemon flavor makes it taste pretty good!
6. IMMUNE BUILDING TEA – I drink any of the following teas with honey before/after I’m exposed to the pubic during flu season.
- Echinacea Immune Support Tea by Yogi Immune Support – Elderberry/BlackBerry Tea by Tazo.
- Sore Throat — Throat Coat by Traditional Medicinals
- Upset Stomach – Peppermint Tea or Ginger/Lemon
- Lemongrass Tea – I’ve purchased loose tea and my sister from Florida sent me snippets from a plant in her yard Digestive Distress and Immune Building.
Vitamin Shoppe, Target and Ocean State Job Lot sell most of these teas at reduced cost. Sometimes I purchase them at my local health food store to support their business.
I’ve never had a flu shot, and have not been sick — to God be the glory.
I’m thankful that God, in His brilliance, created essential oils to keep me healthy during the flu season.
The same can be true for you… God’s stuff is good stuff!